Once you setup Netgear router in default mode, you can run it as a router instead of the access point. If your router detects that there is already an existing router or default gateway then your Netgear router might be misconfigured into Access Point. When Netgear router is set in access point mode, some of its functions get disabled and the DHCP server is handled by the existing gateway. If you are facing problem while connecting more than one devices to the internet then continue with the procedure that is discussed below.
Go Through These Steps To Reconfigure Your Router From Access Point Mode To Default Router Mode
- First of all, locate the reset button on your Netgear router. Once you find this, take a sharp object like the paperclip and insert into Reset hole. Keep pressing the Reset button for 10 seconds or until the Power LED blinks.
- Once your Netgear router reset, you need to wait for some time so that router can boot up properly.
- Now you have to connect Netgear router to the computer. Once you connect both devices, launch a web browser and then type “www.routerlogin.com” in the web browser. If www.routerlogin.com is not working then try these –
- Now you are prompted to a login screen where you have to enter login details i.e., username and password.
Username – admin
Password – password
Note – If the Netgear router’s login credentials are not working then you have to perform a factory reset to restore the Netgear router to its factory default settings.
- After entering login details, click on Continue button. Now Netgear router will check internet connectivity. If your Netgear router detects another gateway or router then you will see this question on the screen i.e., “Do you want to setup this device in Access Point mode?”
- Press a click on radio box that is next to “No, I would like to run it in default mode as a router”. Then hit the Next button.
- Lastly, click on the option “Take me to the internet”. Once you do that, your Netgear router is successfully configured to default mode.
If you face any problem while reconfiguring your router from Access Point mode to default router mode, ask from experts at Netgear Customer Support Number.
Get One Moment Solution For Netgear Router By Approaching Netgear Technical Support Number
If you are facing any kind of router issue then connect with technical support for Netgear team & receive the effective solution from experts. The technical engineers available at customer support for Netgear is well experienced and full of technical knowledge and hence they deliver the immediate solution. Various times, it is not easy for users to handle technical issue themselves and hence experts advice is needed that you can avail by connecting to Netgear Router Helpline.
Users can ask for Netgear Technical Assistance at any time because we are available for 24*7 to provide you best services. So, what are you waiting for, get the prompt and qualitative solution by connecting with experts through Netgear Live Chat Support or Netgear Technical Support Phone number.