You can easily setup Netgear router without modem all you need to do is access the Netgear web interface and then apply some settings. Although it is not as complicated as it sounds and this is the reason you can setup Netgear router without modem as your own. In this blog, we are explaining one of the simplest way to setup Netgear router without the modem. Just follow all steps carefully and if any problem arises then feel free to contact router support helpline to receive immediate assistance.
Easy Way to Setup Netgear Router Without Modem
You have to configure your Netgear router for cable internet connection with Netgear Genie.
- First of all, you have to unplug router’s power cords. If there is a backup battery on your device then you have to remove it temporarily.
- Take a Cat5 ethernet cable for connecting modem to Netgear router’s internet port.
- Take another ethernet cable for connecting your operating system to Netgear router’s LAN ports.
- If you have removed plug-in battery then you have to insert that battery into your device. Once you set up everything properly, wait until all lights become stable.
- Next, you have to reconnect power to Netgear router and wait for a few moments until power light becomes green.
- Open the web browser of your choice and type Netgear router’s IP address in the address bar. The Netgear router’s IP address will be either “192.168.0.1” or “192.168.1.1”. After entering IP address, hit Enter button to log into Netgear router settings.
- Next, enter default login credentials at the Netgear login page and check one thing i.e., login credentials are case sensitive so enter them properly.
- If due to any reason you are unable to log into Netgear router settings then perform a factory reset to reset the router to its default settings.
- After restoring Netgear router to factory settings, tap on Advanced> Setup wizard.
- You are redirected to next window where you will be asked if you want to detect the type of internet connection. On this page, press a click on the checkbox that is next to Yes and then hit Next button.
- Now Netgear Setup Wizard will detect the internet connection type, so wait for a few minutes to finish the process.
- Once the setup has finished configuring the internet connection, Congratulation page will display on the computer’s screen. At the congratulation webpage, you have to click on the option “Take me to the internet” to test internet connectivity.
- If the router is not connecting to internet then you have to disable software firewalls.
- Also, check for parental control applications as they may prevent to access Netgear router login page.
- There might be improper settings within your browser so immediately try a different browser.
Connect With Router Helpline At Any Time to Resolve Technical Glitches
To get rid of technical annoyances of router there is no need to go anywhere as you can instantly receive customer support for Netgear by contacting Router Helpline Number. For all the queries including connection issues, password resetting issues, you need not get worried as you can obtain qualitative technical support for Netgear via Live Chat too. So, communicate experts at Netgear Router Help to get the perfect response as per your need.