Before you move ahead with the installation of the Netgear n300 wireless router manually, these are some of the things that you need to check and ensure that you have all the necessary details.
- Internet services provided by the ISP.
- Information related to the configuration that your internet service provider gave you. Here are some of the details that you are going to require for setting up your Wi-Fi router and for getting an access t the internet. These include the fixed IP address, DNS address, password and login name.
- Your internet service provider will provide you with all the important information. It will require for connecting to the internet. If you are having any problems with locating that information, then you need to ask your ISP.
- In case you are making use if an internet service, then make certain that you use the same PC that you used for setting up an internet account.
- Check your router’s package contents to make sure that everything is there.
- Choose the perfect location for your wireless router after going through all the guidelines.
Here are some of the steps that you need to follow for connecting the Netgear n300 wireless router, modem, and the computer system
- Firstly, turn off your PC
- Afterwards, d
isconnectthe broadband modem and the cable.
- Look for the wire that connects your modem to the computer system.
- After that, remove the wire from the modem only and then connect the router at a later point of time.
- Look for the ethernet wire that came together with the Netgear product. Carefully place one end of the ethernet wire to the modem and the other side to the internet port of your router.
- Try to find the wire that is connected to your computer system. Carefully place the other end of that wire in the router.
- In like manner, connect any other wire to the computer system to your router by inserting the ethernet cable into router’s LAN port.
- Check that your network is properly set up. Now, you are ready to set up the network.
Start connecting your Netgear n300 wireless router network in a proper sequence as given below
- Firstly, turn on your DSL modem and wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Connect one side of the power adapter wire in the power strip and wall outlet. Now, wait for 1 minute.
- Turn on your PC. It is going to take a few minutes for the router to establish the internet provider and computer.