What to Do When You are Unable to Access the Internet?
Is your router isn’t let you browse the internet? If such things happen then first check all physical connections if they have set up properly and aren’t loose. If physical connections are set up properly then you need to perform Netgear basic troubleshooting that is described below. Netgear router’s hassles can’t longer exist as you can immediately get the professional assistance by approaching Netgear Router Help.
Netgear Basic Troubleshooting
- In order to fix Netgear router issues, perform a power cycle. You will be amazed to know that by performing a simple reboot or power cycle all connectivity issues can resolve.
- Restart your modem and Netgear router and then remove all power cables from both of them. Wait for a few moments and then plug ethernet cables back into their location. Don’t forget to restart your operating system too.
- Wait for some time and then check if internet light on your modem or router is blinking or not. If modem’s internet light is blinking then you should understand that you are getting internet from your ISP.
- If Netgear router’s internet light is blinking then test your internet connectivity.
Once You Are Done With Netgear Basic Troubleshooting and Still Unable to Access the Internet Then Check These Points
Reconnect & Restart Everything
- Disconnect the cable that is coming from modem to Netgear router’s internet port and plug that cable into your laptop.
- Then turn off Netgear router and restart modem and PC after making cable connection.
- Once your PC restarts, test if you re able to access internet or not.
- If testing fails means no webpage displays then you need to contact ISP to resolve Netgear router’s problem.
Perform a Hard Reset On Netgear Router
- Check the backside of Netgear router, there will be reset button. You have to press that reset button by using a sharp object like pen or paperclip.
- Press the reset button for 30 seconds until you see all lights are blinking together.
- At last, restart your Netgear router and try to setup it again.
Update Netgear Router’s Firmware
If your router firmware has been outdated then it is suggested to perform a maintenance or software upgrade on your router. For upgrading Netgear router’s firmware, login into router’s setup page and then check for available updates. After updating router’s firmware, restart all devices i.e., PC, router & modem.
Renew IP Address On Network Adapter
- First, click on Start and go to Run.
- Type CMD in the Run screen and press OK.
- Now you have to type “ipconfig/release” in the Command Prompt screen and hit Enter.
- Next type “ipconfig/renew” at the Command Prompt and hit Enter button.
- Check your computer receives a valid IP address other than 0.0.0.0 or 169.254.x.x.
Let’s Dig More and Try to Resolve Netgear Router Problem by Resetting
If still, your Netgear router has no internet connectivity then follow these steps to perform a soft reset –
- Connect your computer to Netgear router by using an ethernet cable.
- Open the web browser and type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. Now you will be redirected to Netgear login page where you have to enter appropriate login details otherwise you can’t access Netgear router’s settings.
- After logging into Netgear router, navigate to Backup settings and then press a click on the option “Revert to Factory Default Settings”.
- Then click on Erase option to delete previous settings and resetting Netgear router to factory defaults.
- Lastly, restart Netgear router and modem and then test your internet connectivity.
Resolve All Technical Hassles in Seconds by Contacting Netgear Router Help
If your router failed to establish a connection then instead of getting worried, just ask for instant support by calling on Router Helpline Number for Netgear. Here experts provide best customer support for Netgear via live chat for netgear router too and that is accessible for round the clock. Furthermore, our professionals are knowledgeable enough to deliver you world-class technical support for router. So, don’t be terrified and call us to evade all technical nuisances of router.